The personal data is controlled by:
Lokal Company Oy (“Lokal” or “we”)
Annankatu 9, 00120 Helsinki, Finland
Business ID: 3235728-2
3 Contact information
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4 Personal data we collect and store
We follow EU’s GDPR requirements. The purpose of and legal basis for processing your personal data:
We process the personal data for the purpose of:
– performing our contractual duties, such as processing orders, performing deliveries and returns,
– marketing our products and services, developing our customer experience and service,
– contacting and communicating with our customers and other stakeholders, including providing personalized e-mails, offers and other communications,
– fight against fraud.
5 What kind of data we collect?
Lokal collects and stores three types of information:
1 information received from the use of online services:
– when you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device,
– your purchase history,
– e-commerce browsing and usage information.
2 information provided by you:
– basic information, such as name, address, email address, phone number,
– payment information, such as billing information and payment method,
– other information you provide us in our communications such as product reviews,
3 analytically derived information:
– product recommendations derived from browsing and purchase history,
– customer categorization, profiling and interests derived from, e.g., purchasing information, location and language.
Most often, the user of our website is the source of information. In some cases, we may obtain more information from our affiliates, such as a credit provider for billing services. You can see the information you own through the customer account.
6 Who can view or process your personal data?
Only Lokal employees, who are trained to use the information properly, may access our customer information and the software used to control them.
In some cases, we need to transfer information to third parties, for reasons such as order shipping, data storage, analytics, and marketing. During your payment transaction, your payment information is sent through a trusted payment agent.
Lokal partners do not have permission to use or distribute information for their own purposes.
Each party will only receive the necessary information that is required for the given task or function. All data transfers are conducted through secure connections.
7 How long we will store your personal data?
8 Transfer of personal data to countries outside the EU or the EEA
Primarily, we store and process the personal data with the EU. However, your personal data may be transferred outside of the EU or the EEA. In such case, we will have the adequate measures in place, including the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
9 Data Security
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures against unlawful processing of your personal data. All collected personal data are stored in databases protected by firewalls, passwords and other technical measures.
Cookies are small files that can be used to improve your user experience on the Site. Some cookies are necessary for the operation of the Site.
By law, we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
You may at any time turn off the cookie option in your internet browser, however turning off the cookies option may cause difficulties in using the Site or may even make such use impossible.
11 Your rights to your personal data
Access to personal data and rectification of data:
You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you. You also have the right to request the rectification of any incorrect or inaccurate data concerning you.
Submit your request for access or rectification to email stated above in Section 3.
Right to forbid processing and deletion/anonymization of personal data:
You have the right to forbid the use of your personal data and withdraw your consent to the processing of your data.
Further, you have a right to request for deletion of your personal data (excluding the data that we have right to process, e.g., on basis of a placed order). We may delete or anonymize your data after which they can not be identified or linked to you and are impossible to recover.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information in Section 3.
Right to lodge complaint with supervisory authority:
If you notice any flaws in our handling or operations, you have the right to file a complaint to your local Data Protection Authority. Please let us know so that we can correct our mistakes.
Significant changes will be reported to our customers separately.